Formalities for grieving families
To enable bereaved families to travel to/from French Overseas Departments, Corsair has set up a special fare valid all year round.
This fare is booked in Economy Class so that it can be sold right up to the last available seat.
It can be sold only for a return trip and by Corsair outlets only. This fare is applicable only between France and Fort-de-France (FDF), Pointe-à-Pitre (PTP) and Reunion (RUN).
To claim this fare, passengers must produce on the day of purchase a death certificate issued by the local authority of the deceased, as well as proof of a 1st-degree relationship*. 4 members of the same family are entitled to this fare.
*This fare applies only to 1st degree family members: father, mother, siblings and children.
If passengers are unable to present a certificate on the day of purchase, they must pay the normal fare in force. Thereafter, if they send proof within 30 days following their departure, they will be entitled to:
- Obtain reimbursement of the difference between normal fare paid and bereavement fare.
FRENCH WEST INDIES (Fort-de-France and Pointe-à-Pitre only) :
- € 599 incl. taxes from/to Paris;
- € 749 incl. taxes from provinces* with Train + Air service by TGVInOui link;
- number of recipients, including the applicant: 4;
- travelling on Corsair operated flights only ;
- No travelling on code-share or partnership flights (e.g. Paris - Pointe-à-Pitre via Fort-de-France on Air Antilles flights not allowed between the 2 islands).
REUNION ISLAND :
- € 789 incl. taxes from/to Paris;
- € 939 incl. taxes from provinces* with Train + Air service by TGVInOui link.
Important : Transporting dead bodies
All mortal remains must be accompanied by a special certificate declaring that the requisite conditions have been met. This document must have been printed and signed by the undertaking company.
A second authorization form is issued by the security services at the airport.
Click here for information about carrying caskets or urns.